Friday, August 14, 2009

a poem for my grandpa

This is the poem I wrote for my Grandpa’s 80th birthday-

In Tamil “Grandpa” is known as “Thatha”

I give you this poem right in time (not late)
I want you to celebrate,
This birth date.

I think of you
Every time it’s true
I’m so glad
My Grandad
Is you!

You are so patient and kind,
I would never, ever find
Someone like you
To teach me through
This way of life

You are like my king
As you bring
Us all joy.
You let in the light
And you bet
You are always right!



THATHA, IT’S REALLY, REALLY TRUE

I LOVE YOU



5 comments:

  1. hi nanan. i read your poem in chandu chithi's house. it is very cute. keep writing like this.
    - prema mami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gilly girl!

    Your poems are really good....hope Kavya follows her big sister's footsteps...

    savi chitti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou, Prema mami !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Thatha must be touched by heart :-), Keep show your Love in such beautiful ways.

    ReplyDelete