Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Sunbird !

THE SUNBIRD

The sunbird whistles and chirps
It echoes through the valley
I first heard it, it was sharp and gay
All through Kulu Manali!

How sweet it sounds
The gay whistling bird
For, there it was basking in the sun
While I was roaming the grounds.

I often stop to think
“How does the sunbird feel?”
It seems so black and blue
And not glamorously pink!

I often feel a little weird
If for a year I don’t see the little bird
For long I feel the same way
Until it’s summer in May!

! :)!

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous18/8/09 20:39

    what a gay,happy and joyful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gillygirl ! Nice Sunshine bird poem .. liked the others too ... but this caught me more ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous20/8/09 22:15

    Dear Nan,

    I am very impressed with your writing skills. Keep it up. Way to go!

    Jyothi didi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous20/8/09 23:42

    nanu...im very impressed!
    resh di

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Nan,

    Good poem...shyam mama here..will show it to Mridu in 3-4 days time once the home pc is up n running!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nandini:
    Wow way to go. Keep it up.
    Nikita also liked your poem.
    Rajeshree

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi nanan

    your sunbird poem is wonderful! i especially liked the part 'not glamourously pink!" :) keep writing ...

    -chandu chithi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nandini,
    A very beautiful poem.. Keep them coming!!
    How about one on your bunny which is in Mumbai with me??
    :)
    Malini

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou everybody ! Please continue to read my poems.
    Rajeshree Aunty : Thank you Aunty, Also for the chocolates.
    Chandu Chitti : Thankyou ! Miss you !

    ReplyDelete